Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kumara

I don't usually post things of a personal nature on this blog, but two weeks ago my wife and I lost our dog to liver cancer. He was our only child for ten years and we loved him and cherished him deeply. He was a great friend and muse and I will forever miss his intelligence, humor, and good natured personality. One of my favorite things to do was watch him sleep. He would move his legs like he was running and occasionally let out a very muffled bark. I used to try and imagine what it was he was dreaming about.

 I hope his spirit is on top of a tall mountain surrounded by marrow bones.

Good bye Kumara....I will love and miss you forever.

5 comments:

Tony DiStefano said...

Thats a very sweet tribute .I hope your o.k.

Scott Cooper said...

Thanks Tony. I'm hangin' in there, but it's been hard.

Mike Wisniewski said...

Cute drawing Scott. You did an awesome job of capturing Kumara's gentle spirit.

Scott Cooper said...

Mike - Thanks for saying that.It's so hard to draw someone you loved because you're always afraid you won't be able to capture their essence.

KirstenDraws said...

This is really sweet, I love the drawing and the written remembrance.